Home: Semantic Web Training
*Brought to you by the same team who built – TLKT and Krakken: The natural language processing vertical market research enterprise software applications!
In October and November of 2013, the Them Zoom Semantic web team presented two introductory Semantic Web presentations to a sold out webinar audience. This webinar was in reponse to the release of Google Hummingbird algorithm. These changes are only the first of a large number of Google algorithms and semantic web integration plans. You can still access these past semantic webinar events as a Network Empire Member right here.
Here are a few points that had our students clamouring for a Semantic Web Optimization training course:
You Cannot “Fake-Out” or game the Semantic Web. There are ZERO gimmicks, codes, markups, plugins or “Black Hat” tools you can use to “Exploit and Abuse” these new semantic standards. In fact, if you attempt to do so, you will be seen as a Bright Beacon of Spam to be de-indexed automatically. Consider the HummZilla Semantic Filter the perfect “self-regulating” spam detection system that lowers Google’s cost of combatting spammers. Get trained on how to implement this information!
Interview with Semantic Experts Kevin Polley and Sue Bell
1. Learn the key semantic web players, organizations and institutions that you need to know about. Find out how they connect and work together. There are literally thousands of organizations that are jumping on the semantic web bandwagon but you will learn which one matter and which ones to watch.
- Get the official chart of organizations for your own reference. It can also be used to “wow” your own clients and students.
- How does Schema.org fit into the big picture.
2. The Personal “What To Do” Checklist
- Precise steps you can take to authenticate your identity in the semantic web (including Google profiles)
- Precise steps you can take to authenticate your business in the semantic web (including Google plus business pages and Google Places)
- Precise steps you can take to authenticate your brand in the semantic web (using schema.org markup)
- Precise steps you can take to authenticate your products in the semantic web (the official ecommerce ontology)
3. Open Data Sources – Get the Evolving Master List of Semantic Technologies and How To Use Them
- Learn the difference between open data and closed data
- Avoid getting sued by learning which data sets to legally use and not use
II. Blog Plugins and Website Tools for the Semantic Web
4. WP Plugins With Ratings and Best Practices
All In One Schema.org Rich Snippets, APT Rich Snippets – Get rich snippets for your site on Google, Author hReview, Author Product Review, Beeline, Breadcrumb NavXT, Dhiti Dive, Enhanced Linking Plugin, Enhanced Publication, feed forward recommendation network, LH RDF, Local spotlight, NextGEN Facebook Open Graph+, Open Graph, RDFa Breadcrumb, RDFaCE, *schema creator by raven, SEO Ultimate, Vixy YouTube Embed and Download, *WordLift, WordPress Topic Maps (WP2TM), WP Calais Archive Tagger, WP Customer Reviews, wp-hover, wp-linked-data, YQL Auto Tagger, Zitgist Browser Linker
Here is how we rate the plugins, tools and software we teach you in the Semantic Optimization Course:
a. Is the plugin or tool still actively being developed? (The semantic web is changing and growing)
b. Is the plugin or tool easy to install?
c. How is the support for the plugin or tool?
d. Does it crash the blog or cause any conflicts with other plugins or programs?
e. Do the primary search engines (especially Google) recognize the semantic markup the plugin provides?
f. Is the semantic markup and/or method helpful for your search engine presence?
g. Is the semantic markup useful to visitors and effect the visitor experience in a positive way?
h. Is the software fun and easy to use?
f. What we ignore: WordPress Directory Ratings (There are few people qualified to rate a semantic web plugin and many negative votes given to wordpress plugins occurr during the early developmental phase)
5. Video Training on Plugins – Return to these any time
- How to install (step-by-step)
- How to avoid problems and issues
- How to verify plugins are properly working with optimal results
III. The Semantic Web and E-Commerce
6. Marking Up Your Products (step-by-step).
7. Finding Out If Your Products Are Already Entities.
8. Getting Your Products Listed in the Semantic Web.
- Dealing with GTINs
- What are GTINs?
- Registering your business with the international authority.
- The cost of getting bar codes and how to get them.
- The international product database: Does it really exist?
- Things to watch: Duplicate data in ecommerce sites.
- How to fix or handle this error. What is necessary?
- We are working with leading authorities within the semantic web and open data communities about the best ways to markup your ecommerce and business data.
IV. General Business and the Semantic Web
9. How to Properly Use “Semantic Mark-Up” Your Online Business, Location and Business Details
- Semantic markup for business hours
- Semantic markup for business locations
- Semantic markup for product locations
- Semantic markup for product prices
10. Installing a Semantic Search Engine on All of Your Primary Sites
- Why should you install a semantic search engine?
- What are the advantages of installing a semantic search engine?
- Step-by-step installation of a semantic search engine.
(The Following Search Features Are Included in Your Search Engine):
- Phonetic Search
- Supports Over 17 Languages
- Automatic Language Recognition
(The Following Parsers Are Included In Your Search Engine To Give Visitors the Ability to Search Through the Following Document Formats):
- HTML / XHTML
- MS Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- OpenOffice documents
- Adobe PDF (with OCR)
- RTF, Plaintext
- Audio files metadata (wav, mp3, AIFF, Ogg)
- Torrent files
- OCR over images
(Epanded Search Capabilities for Your Search Engine):
- REST API (XML and JSON)
- SOAP Web Service
- Monitoring module
- Index replication
- Scheduler for management of periodic tasks
- WordPress plugin and Drupal module
11. Maintain Your Sites Authority While Getting Rid of Spam and “Thin Content”
12. Preparing to Usher In A New World Currency?
- The Semantic Web and the banking industry.
- How should you rethink your business to be ready for the future?
13. How to Submit Your Site to the Semantic Web
- Proper microdata markups
- Proper linking structures
- Proper links without href (annotation)
*Submitting your site to the semantic web
*Maximizing RDF markup
- Proper Semantic datasets for applications
- Proper rdf/xml/sparql with structure
- How to “semantify” the existing wiki via plugin
- Properly submitting to dbpedia via wikipedia entry
- Properly verifying by humans for accuracy
- How to get an entity absorbed by the semantic web as fact
- Properly using 3 references for a term
- Using a barcode from the government for a product
14. Fly on the Wall Conversations and Private Opinions
- Learn about what we talk about privately on our irregular weekly meetings, webinars and private meetings.
15. Where to Find Datasets
- A valuable resource with this course will be a list of locations where you can find “fact databases” that you can use. You can mix, remix and add value to this data in various ways discussed in the training. It is quite possible, even probable, that you will glean entirely new business models from this part of the course.
V. Ongoing Interviews with Semantic Tech Futurists and Experts
- To Be Announced
VI. Online Marketers Sales Charts and Graphs
- Several of our SEO agencies have already closed $20,000 plus clients with graphics and information provided on the pre-launch Semantic Revolution webinars. Inside this course, you will get the entire kit.
Not a Network Empire Member Yet? You may want to consider joining at even the Basic Level for this and other discounts.